Posted on Wednesday, 04.15.2009Bahamian waters - visit the Bahamas
There are a few things you should remember to do as you approach the Bahamas Islands on the Bahamian waters. Check off the required steps below as you arrive and visit the Bahamas.
- Raise your quarantine flag
- Raise your Bahamian courtesy flag
- Prepare vessel registration documents before you visit the Bahamas
- Prepare passenger passports
- Report to the first Customs office that you encounter on your journey. Click here to view the Bahamian port of entries on the Bahamian waters.
- Only the captain will disembark on shore to meet with Bahamian officials
- Prepare all permits and information if you bring pets or firearms. Do not bring firearms on shore. Bahamian law permits firearms as vessel equipment; they should be stored in a secured location on your vessel on Bahamian waters. Ammunition must also be declared when clearing port of entry.