As summer approaches, kids from all different age groups grow anxious for ten weeks of fun in the sun. Miami Summer camps provide the perfect solution for parents and children as well. There are plenty of options in Miami, but which one is the best bargain for you and your child? When choosing the best summer camp for your child you should be concern of the safety it offers, from the basic training of CPR of the counselors in case of any medical emergencies to the counselors’ subjectivity to background checks as well as the type of food and snacks provided.
The next thing you must consider are the activities provided by the Miami summer camps and the Miami attractions available. Many camps offer a wide variety of activities, while others focus on a certain sport or educational idea. There are numerous activities to do in Miami. The summer camps available include:
- General program camps where children can enjoy a variety of activities and field trips.
- Sports camps focus on a certain sport, teaching children the basics and fundamentals of a certain sport plus all the entertaining skills and tricks.
- Cultural arts camps which pertain to the areas of art, ceramics, theatre, music, and all that surrounds the talents of visual and performing arts.
- Nature camps provide with an educational program, which allow children to further explore the wildlife and sea life of our world.
- Aquatics programs are offered with the main goal of teaching the children how to swim as well as its educational aspect of CPR basics and safety hazards around bodies of water.
All summer camps encourage children to come out and learn while having fun during their vacations in Miami.
- Adventure Camp at Parrot Jungle
Parrot Jungle Island where children can experience animal encounters, shows and projects.
1111 Parrot Jungle Trail
305-400-7227 or 305-400-7242
- Camp Seaquarium
4400 Rickenbacker Causeway
305-361-5705 ext. 207
- Coral Gables Youth Center
405 University Drive
- Creative Island Summer Camp at Miami Children’s Museum
Miami Children’s Museum
980 Mac Arthur Causeway
- Marine Biology Camp
Miami Beach Parks & Recreation
South Pointe Park- 1 Washington Avenue
- Miami Beach Parks & Recreation Water Sports Camp
P.A. L. Building
999 11th Street
- Miami Dade Parks Summer Camps
Fit to play, Fun for life
- Miami Museum of Science & Planetarium
Summer Science Camp with science-themed activities such as games and arts and crafts.
3280 South Miami Ave.
305-646-4223 or 305-646-4200
- Miami Yacht Club Youth Sailing Program
1001 Mac Arthur Causeway
- Mini Canes Recreational Sports Camp at UM
Summer day camp promotes all around sports
1241 Dickinson Drive, Wellness Center,
University of Miami
- Rowing Camp
6500 Indian Creek Drive
Call Cindy at 305-673-7730
- Summer by the Sea Marine Science Day Camp
Children can enjoy science through hands-on activities that include animal catch and release, gardening, squid dissection and snorkeling.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Biscayne Nature Center
6767 Crandon Blvd.
305-361-6767 ext. 119
- Tennis Camps
Learn the fundamentals of the game.
Ives Estates Park
1475 Ives Dairy Road
North Miami Beach
- Tennis Center at Crandon Park
7300 Crandon Blvd.
- Tropical Explorers Summer Camp- Historical Museum
Children of all ages can learn history through fun games, music, arts and crafts, and educational field trips.
Historical Museum of Southern Florida
101 W. Flagler Street
- YMCA Summer Camp
Children can enjoy of a variety of games, arts and crafts, sports and flied trips.
- Zoofari Summer Camp
Learn about the wildlife through presentations, arts and crafts and themed games.
12400 SW 152nd Street
South Miami Dade