Re-posted on Friday, 3.5.2010
Miami Lodging - Miami Vaction Rentals
The internet is one of the great conveniences of today but it also comes with nuisances, that are easy to avoid, such as fraud and scams. A large number of fraud attempts take place on the internet so vacationers, beware! Avoid Miami vacation rentals scams (Visit the German version of our page: Ferienhäuser Miami) frauds. It should be easy to identify and avoid Miami vacation rental scams if you are careful. Avoid booking thru Miami lodging ads posted on free classified Miami lodging websites such as craigslist, backpage or kijiji. Owners post ads on a daily basis to rent their vacation rental or sometimes their alleged vacation rental. The drawback to these free sites is that the ads are not checked or verified by anybody. This does not mean that renters should not browse those websites but that they should just be extra careful when booking to avoid Miami lodging frauds. Caution should be exercised to avoid Miami vacation rentals scams and following are a few travel tips to help you do that.
- Look at the quality of the ad.
- Research to find out whether the vacation rental is offered by an individual or a company. A company is less risky because it can easily be checked.
- Make sure that a local phone number is posted on the ad.
- Call the owner or agent and ask a ton of questions. Try to assess how accurately he/she responds.
- Be cautious if you cannot speak with the owner because he "lost" his voice.
- Make sure that you sign a real contract indicating what is it that you have reserved.
- You may request proof of ownership.
- Do not send cash! You may transfer money by wire transfer to a company if it can be checked out and if it has a track record of a reputable Miami Beach vacation rental agency.
- Always check with the Better Business Bureau.
- What is a Vacation Rental Scam or Fraud?
- How to Detect Vacation Rental Spam?
- Examples of Typical Vacation Rental Scams
MiamiHabitat.com is the rental agency that offers the best furnished apartments in Miami and Miami Beach. Call them at 1 (305) 673.39.58 to find the best Miami vacation and corporate rentals.