Posted on Sunday, 3.28.2010
Miami activities - Miami Events Guide
The Miami events guide has great and fun Miami activities for the family. This year it’s cheaper for you and the entire family at the 2010 Miami-Dade County Fair & Expo.
Families can get discounts on admission, rides and food at this years Miami-Dade County Fair & Expo. The promotion is the "5 before 5'' deal which drops the ticket price to $5 if you arrive before 5 p.m. on weekdays. Go to The Fair’s website for the coupon and other Miami activities for the family. The Miami Herald and El Nuevo Herald, as well as some Pollo Tropical locations will also have a discount coupon.
A minimal of one discounted food item will be offered by Vendors throughout the fair and rides will be one ticket less than last year. Live performances are also included in the admission price this year.
Miami Events Guide - The Fair will also have other Miami activities for the Family including:
• A tent filled with 16 high definition flat screen TVs where anyone can play 15 popular video games on the Wii, XBox 360 and Playstation 3 consoles. Look for the tent called, "The Garage."
• Perform on March 26 is the Florida rock group We the Kings and on April 2, there will be a showdown between World Wrestling Entertainment champions Big Show and Carlito.
• On April 9 a concert by Tito Puente Jr. and Isaac Delgado.
• Y100’s “Mix Off'' is on April 9 where competitors mix and play for a panel of judges to win $2,500 and will be played on Y100.
• New this year is Kids Express Yourselves which is six zones of themed Miami activities for families and kids under 12.
The agricultural zone will showcase projects from Miami-Dade students who have raised animals and there will also be egg races, cup stacking games and simple egg recipes.
In the Exhibits Hall zone kids are invited to color on a wall mural and have an opportunity to enter for a chance to win a birthday trip to Universal Studios.
The Fare will also have two Kiddieland ride areas and a trail of activities that will be going on throughout the day.